Telos ProStream Streaming Audio Encoder
The do-it-all, one-box streaming solution.
For years, the way to stream audio to Internet listeners included unbalanced mini-jacks, poor-quality sound cards, one or more PCs to maintain, and a collection of software that didn't always play nicely together. Broadcasters asked for a professional, PC-free Web streaming solution — and Telos delivers.
Telos ProStream takes the hassle out of netcasting. There's no PC needed; ProStream takes just 1RU of rack space. Slide it in and it's ready to go – no more running your mission-critical audio over crash-prone PC hardware and operating systems. Just send audio to ProStream, make a few setup selections and, within minutes, you'll be streaming your programming to your favorite stream server or streaming service for worldwide distribution.
Broadcasters know Telos is the codec expert. ProStream puts all our expertise into an integrated streaming appliance. First, incoming audio gets treated to pre-processing from Omnia Audio, using algorithms that work hand-in-glove with ProStream's codecs to shape and optimize audio prior to encoding. Then, genuine MPEG encoding algorithms from FhG, the inventors of MP3, ensure the most artifact-free sound quality at whatever bit rate you choose. Encode directly to an MP3 or MPEG-AAC stream, then send it a SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Wowza, ICEcast, Adobe Flash Media server, or other third-party streaming platform for distribution. ProStream also supports RTP streams (including RTP multicast), as well as LimeLight and Akamai servers.
Setup is a breeze. Log in with a laptop and Web browser for easy setup or remote control, or tweak the front-panel controls -- there's a convenient built-in headphone amp with 1/4" jack and volume control for last minute in-the-rack fine tuning.
ProStream comes with studio-grade analog inputs and outputs, plus Livewire IP-Audio I/O. On the output side, ProStream delivers fully processed, unencoded audio as well as encoded audio, providing your studio with another source for processed sound. Full network connectivity is provided via two Ethernet jacks, one for the LAN (including Livewire) and the other for the WAN and streaming.
- Audio pre-processing, stream encoding and delivery to remote replication server, all in a professional 1RU appliance.
- Pro-grade 24-bit A/D converter for studio-reference quality audio.
- Choice of MP3 or AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2 stream coding, with output bit rates from 16 kbps to 320 kbps (dependent upon active codec).
- Omnia processing includes wideband AGC, 3-band compressor/limiter, EQ, low-pass filter and precision look-ahead final limiter.
- Metadata support for all popular playout platforms allows streams to be dynamically tagged with “now-playing” information from automation systems.
- Studio-grade analog and Livewire IP-Audio I/O, with separate LAN & WAN Ethernet ports.
- Directly supports ICEcast, SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Adobe Flash Media Server as well as Adobe RTMP, Live365 streaming services, RTP streams (including RTP multicast), as well as LimeLight, and Akamai servers.
- Dual encoder support can be used to provide high and low bitrate streams, or MP3 and AAC at the same time.
- Can accept metadata over RS-232 (using USB to RS232 adapter).